Tuesday, May 5, 2009

Wine Cork Keyring







Supplies:
· Wine Bottle Cork
· 2-Eye Hooks
· Buttons or Beads
· Stretchy Cord
· Ribbon for Decorating
· Key Ring




Directions:
1. Screw an eye hook in each end of the cork.
2. Put a key ring on one of the eye hooks.
3. Cut a 7” piece of stretchy cord. (I have used jewelry wire with older children. Crimping beads were used to keep the beads or buttons secure.)
4. Tie a knot on one end of the stretchy cord and start beading. Make sure to leave at least an inch of stretchy cord to tie around the eye hook.
5. Tie the beaded stretchy cord to the eye hook. Repeat as many times as you would like.
6. Tie a piece of ribbon around the eye hook for more decoration.
7. You did it! Great Job!
The beads and ribbon I used were from past craft projects that were broken. I saved the ribbon and beads and found great new projects for them. Reuse!!!

2 comments:

  1. happy mothers day angie! i love this cork keychain! we used to have a lot of corks because my mom collected them, but i don't know where they went!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love this idea! I'll have to try it if I ever get some corks around the house.

    ReplyDelete